Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

Week 9 Blogger Challenge - Support

{SUPPORT}  
In order to make big changes, we need a lot of it. 

Have a think about life changing experiences you have had - and the biggest I can think of is having our first baby -  and the support you needed to make it through.

Crikey - my life and that of my Matie were irreparably altered with the birth of Thing 1.  We were absolutely clueless. 

Pinned Image
source: www.kylieclark.com

Neither of us would have survived  - and Thing 1's chances would have been iffy at best - without the support of family, friends and our Maternal Child Health Nurse!!

And so it is with this weight loss and fitness lifestyle on which I have embarked.  I have needed support to convince me to try again to take control of my weight, to convince me that I can do it, to convince me I can keep doing it and to show me how other people are doing it.

I've said it before, but for me, one of the best things about the 12wbt is the amazing support that is available through the 12wbt forums and facebook pages and through all the blogs participants have been writing. 

I have received support through reading and learning about others' experiences. I've received helpful comments and encouragement from people I've never met, but who are doing or have done what I'm striving to do.  I have also been so supported by friends and family as I do this.  

This is a big call, but I can absolutely say that this support, along with the mindset lessons learned through the 12wbt, have made all the difference to me on 'my journey' - more than the nutrition and exercise lessons.  Support is that important to me.

So with that, I would like to thank the following people for their support for me during the last 9 weeks:
- my Matie (aka hubby)
- Thing 1 and Thing 2
- my friends L, T, K, J among others
- my ugly stepsister S (no, she's not really my stepsister)
- my new friends Linnijane and RDub who support and inspire me
 - and ....
Triumph triaction Extreme Moulded Bra Michelle Bridges

... my Triumph sports bras who help support my girls during our furious exercise!
This post is part of Whirlsies Blogger Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment