Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

Before....

Well, today was a big day for those of us embarking for the first time on Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation program.  We received:

- what we need to do to do our 'before' measurements'
- a Fitness Test program to complete as a benchmark for our fitness throughout the 12 weeks
- what we need to eat for Week 1
- our training program for Week 1
- and more exhortations to take the dreaded 'before' photos in undies or togs from the back, side and front. 

As you can imagine, the measurements I took are not pretty.  Suffice it to say that many centimetres need to come off many places!!  I also weighed myself on my new whizz bang scales which can also measure % bodyfat, hydration, basal metabolic rate and % muscle mass.  I would be more impressed if they would do the vacuuming, because I just really wanted scales to weigh myself on!!  Anyway, the before weight I have to own up to is (drum roll, if you please)...   107.2kg

See, I couldn't even write it in normal font size.  This weight puts me squarely in the obese category.  Well within the parameters of obese.  Baby, I will be lucky if I get to just being plain old unhealthy overweight in the next 12 weeks, that is how ensconced within the boundaries of obese I am. 

I have had real trouble admitting to being obese - I have not really accepted that I am in this category with all it's connotations of unsightliness, lack of physical fitness, slovenliness, laziness, not caring about oneself..... not to mention the plethora of risk factors for horrible diseases that come with this classification.  I have referred to myself as 'technically' obese or watered it down to make it more acceptable to myself, probably so I wouldn't have to face it and do anything about it. 

But no more. 

I will spare you the 'before' photos of me in my massive nanna undies.  There is only so much each of you can take, and some will be reading this prior to going to sleep!!  But I did have the guts (tee hee) to take them and so I am giving myself a pat on the back for doing that. 

I am so excited to start the 12wbt program officially on Monday 13th Feb.  I feel I have really done the 'preseason' work - examined my commitment, got real about my excuses and made what I am doing public.  I now just have to be a woman of my word and do the 12 weeks and see what exciting things can happen in that time.   Watch this space.....

2 comments:

  1. Am loving your blog and your mindset. How could you possibly do anything but succeed???
    Trust me on this...there will come a time in the not too distant future when that figure you could barely bring yourself to type will leave your lips so often that you'll amaze yourself as well as everyone you tell your story to.

    You CAN do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RDub, thanks for the encouragement. Can't wait till i can be more open about my starting weight from a much lower weight!!

    ReplyDelete